Our practice is the only Ear, Nose, and Throat practice in the area to offer in-house hearing and balance services.
While many issues can be treated by our physicinas, patients sometimes require additional testing or rehabilitation. Our audiologists, Hugh D. Ferguson, M.A., CCC-A and Teigan Fletcher, Au.D., offer these services right in our office.
Diagnosing and treating hearing and balance disorders
A visit with one of our audiologists is recommeneded after an evaluation by an otolaryngologist to determine whether there is a malady with the ear itself, such as:
- Hearing loss
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Balance disorders (dizziness)
Hearing loss & hearing aids
Our office conducts audiological tests for all ages. We offer:
- Testing to confirm your hearing aid provides optimum amplification
- The most advanced digital hearing aids, including directional microphones, digital noise reduction, automatic feedback reduction, and automatic telephone response.
- A liberal 60-day trial period good on all of our devices, offering a full refund for all hearing aid with 100% money back guarantee
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is one of the most common causes of vertigo. Simply put, it is caused by calcium deposits in the inner ear, that disrupt the path of neural signals to the brain and cause sensations of dizziness.
Often, this can be treated in our office using a procedure known as the Canalith Repositioning Maeuver. Our office has an 85% cure rate for BPPV using this procedure.